Tips to Prevent Paper Jams
We all know how frustrating a copier paper jam can be, but did you know that a lot of times they are preventable? Our technical experts at Kopier Net put together the top tips to prevent copier jams.
- Always store paper in a cool, dry place. Moisture on the paper is a leading cause in jamming
- Make sure the paper fits tightly and straight into the guided tray on all sides
- Fan the paper out before inserting it into the tray
- If refilling paper before the tray is empty, remove the existing paper and stack it evenly on top of the new, additional paper back into the tray
- Be sure that all doors and levers are in the correct, closed position
- Buy good quality paper. Paper packaged in plastic or laminated reams is best.
- Never overload the paper tray
- Don’t mix and match paper types in the same tray
- Put the copier on Power Saving mode overnight or long periods of time of no use
- Make sure your copier components are in good shape, if they look worn down, call Kopier Net for a scheduled replacement service
- Keep your copier clean!